- Hospital Microbiome Workshop at the University of Chicago.
- First round of sample collections.
- Prepare grant proposal based on workshop recommendations.
- Conduct survey of building materials.
- Identify all sampling locations in the building.
- Secure and activate data loggers in patient rooms.
- Begin collecting surface, air, and water samples.
- Identify staff members who wish to participate and begin sampling them in their current working environment.
February 23rd, 2013 – Hospital Opens
- Identify patients who wish to participate and begin sampling them when they are admitted to the rooms under observation.